Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What (not) to say

This lovely, shiny new blog stretches out before me, all pristine and full of possibility and I'm wondering what to write about on it. I don't want to wreck it.

I wrecked my last blog. I gabbled on about my happiness, my certainties and milestones, blithely unaware that all of that would be gone within a year. I was left with a decidedly awkward blog/tombstone of a life that no longer existed so after some fretting and shedding some tears, I unpublished the wretched thing. Heartbreaking, but necessary.

So how much do I want to say here? Shall I try to project the woman I'd like to be or show you backstage to the woman I actually am?

2013 has been the year of starting again from scratch. Deciding what parts of old Amy to keep and what to chuck is a part of my daily thought processes so despite my very sincere desire to try to impress you, this will be a work of non-fiction.

So here I am. In the later part of my 20's, single, perhaps overly talkative, enthusiastic, well-intentioned and with more energy than I know what to do with, trying my best to be the best version of myself possible.

I'm still getting the hang of being alone after spending the entirety of my adult life in a pretty passionate relationship; I'm learning the ropes in a new industry I adore and I'm soaking up every morsel of knowledge I can; I am fitter and healthier than I've been in a decade and determined not to let my liking for sugar and a nice lie down get the better of me again; now I'm generally just saying yes to everything and figuring it out as I go.

I think that's what I'll write about here.


2 comments:

  1. I loved the last one and know I will love this one too. Here's to a blank page and a fresh start! x mardi

    ReplyDelete
  2. bloody hell Amy. That blog is GONE.

    I think you are spectacular. In high school I always wanted to be you (shameful confession).

    Keep being spectacular here, go on.

    xo em

    ReplyDelete